Monday, May 12, 2014

A "Special" Mother's Day Gift

The highlight of Mother's Day for me was spending time in Christian's Sunday School class.  The class is called "His Strength" and it is an adaptive classroom integrating sensory activities, worship, and simple Bible stories.  The first day I walked into the class, I cried tears of joy.  My precious son had a place that he could learn about Jesus at his level.  I can't say enough about the team of workers in that class.  I want to specifically thank Michelle Ryan (team leader), Laura Lunger (teacher), & Elise Anderson (aide) for the never-ending patience, kindness and compassion that exudes from you to these "special" blessings each Sunday!  Through the days that run smoothly or the ones that are quite bumpy, God gives you grace to continue to show the love of Jesus to all of the children.  My heart overflows with gratitude to you for your sacrificial service in this class.

 Here is a snippet of the grace that my son experiences each Sunday - 

Sensory Table

Tent Play

Floor Time

Gross Motor Activities

Soft, Relaxing Corner

Hallelujah, The Lord Has Done Just What He Said!
He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? ~Romans 8:32

Thank you Jesus for the gift of this class!

2 comments:

Michelle R said...

This is truly a gift of encouragement to me today - I thank the Lord for His grace and your joy as you reveal your steadfast trust in Him!

This video brings a smile to my face as I see Christian engaging in the praise music he so much loves - you have captured the peace and joy within him; he truly is a blessing to us all!

Love,
Michelle

Stine said...

So very heartwarming! I too thank all of you for the love and compassion extended to our precious grandson. Your reward will be great for your unconditional love towards God's special little ones.
Earnestine