Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On The Road Again...Finally!

Okay my past Freedom Journey followers, I've jumped on the saddle again. I know it's been a while. I had 9 months of pregnancy which I call the season of “Eat whatever I want!” Now that my baby is 8 months old, it's definitely time! Oh boy, is it hard! It feels more like I'm on a bondage journey. It's been 15 months since my "skinny jeans" post. I have 15 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight! I'm starting this journey again so keep me accountable and I need lots of prayer! I'll try to periodically share how things are going and I'd like to hear from you as well.
Here are the 3 things that are helping to keep me focused these days:
1) My Bible & My Freedom Journal as I mentioned in the post Running to the Savior.
2) I've started reading Slave by John MacArthur which is reminding me about the wonderful freedom that I have as Jesus' slave.

3) My post-pregnancy belly just won't go away! After the 3rd pregnancy, it's been a lot harder to get rid of the "baby fat" (I like how that sounds as oppose to "mommy fat" :-). So I got happy when I found this 7-minute ab workout in the newspaper. When I saw it, I thought, "Surely I have 7 minutes a day to work on this gut!"

5 comments:

Andie said...

I'm doing it too, girl, I have about 7.5 or 17.5 left to lose, depending on what goal I'm going with. I think the 17 is just a bit too much during my paper pregnancy! It takes a lot of focus to lose, I have discovered. My original goal that I think I'm going to stick with is 30 by 30. I will turn 30 in May. I liked reading your original post just now. I have TOTALLY been in the situation where someone offers me a cinnamon roll, etc that they made just to honor me as a guest. I think this is very important to recognize that sometimes it IS loving to eat whatever someone made. My big problem is coming up with other excuses that have nothing to do with loving others, but only loving myself (and sweets!)

Just wanted to encourage you that you're not alone in this!

Caryn said...

Thanks Andie! May the Lord bless you to reach your 30 by 30 goal. Go Andie Go!!!

Stephanie said...

Andie, sorry I made you eat a brownie at my house! :)

Caryn, you can do it! Any chance you can wear "short" sized jeans? I have a couple pair that are almost brand new that don't fit anymore. I think it's SO motivating to wear clothes that actually fit, even if they only fit for a month or two. :)

tiffany said...

Perhaps eating at Q-Cumbers regularly would help?? Or not....

Caryn said...

It sure will Tif! When is our next Girls Night Out??? :-)