Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I run far away from little girls with little boxes!

I'm referring to those sweet little Girl Scouts with those VERY SWEET little boxes of cookies. They seem to be following me for the last week or so. They've been at the entrance of most of the stores that I've visited and there was even one going door-to-door in my neighborhood on Saturday.

My first thought is, "Go ahead and help them raise money for their troops. You were a Girl Scout. You know what it's like to have to sell those very last boxes. Wouldn't it be nice to take some home to your family? It's for a good cause!

My wiser second thought is, "Those cookies are a lot better in their hands than on your hips. You know that once you open up that box; it'll be nearly gone in one sitting and they won't even make it home!"

Thankfully, I've been going with the latter thought! I quickly say a prayer, "Oh Lord, please help me to not buy any of those cookies!" Then I speed walk in the opposite direction before those Samoas (a.k.a. Caramel deLites) start calling my name! :-)

1 comment:

Kara Chupp said...

Ha! They already ambushed me outside the market... :)