Thursday, May 15, 2008

A Mother's Heart


A year ago, I carried you in my womb.

Today, I carry you in my arms.

Always, I will carry you in my heart.




The most important way I carry you in my heart is upon my knees in prayer. Most people who see you comment on your appearance. Our God saw fit to bless you with outer beauty. We praise Him for the way He made you. However, outer appearance is only temporal. It is fleeting! In a world that is totally external focused, you get lots of compliments for your looks. But this doesn't matter to God. As I Samuel 16:7 says, "For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." The hard & sad truth is that many pretty faces will see Jesus one day and He will say, "I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME...into the eternal fire" (Matthew 7:23, 25:41). So, my heartfelt prayer is that, one day soon, you will accept Jesus into your heart, live a blameless life, and love the Lord with all your heart, soul, & mind. Only then will your heart be even more beautiful than you are today. My ultimate desire is for the Lord Jesus to look at you one day and say, "Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master" (Matthew 25:21).


Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain, but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
Proverbs 31:30


Praise Jesus for 1 year Baby Girl!

2 comments:

chona said...

what a powerful thing to teach your children from the beginning that inward beauty is so much more important - that's a powerful truth that the world contradicts.

Stine said...

Praise God for His mercy that is new everyday. He has definitely blessed us with "His gift of Grace" in Carysse Nicole. I thank God that both daddy and daughter had a blessed birthday. Thanks for training your children in the way they should go, so when they are old they will not depart from it.(Proverbs 22:6)