Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Steadfast Love

I had one of those long mommy nights last night. Carysse is having a rough time with teething. This is all new to me because Christian went through teething with ease. I was up with her until 2:45AM. I'm one tired mama this morning, but Praise God for His steadfast love and presence to fill me with His strength and energy today.

Through the Bible plan that I'm going through, I'm currently at Psalm 36. For the past few Psalms, I've been circling all the verses about the Lord's steadfast love for His people. Within 6 chapters (Psalm 31-36), His steadfast love was mentioned 10 times! By this repetition, the Lord really wants to emphasize the need for us to fully accept, meditate on, & trust in His steadfast love for us. These verses ministered to me this morning, so I wanted to share them with you. No matter what you are going through, they can definitely be food for your soul.

* Psalm 31:7 - I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love, because you have seen my affliction; you have known the distress of my soul.
* Psalm 31:16 - Make your face shine on your servant; save me in your steadfast love!
* Psalm 31:21 - Blessed be the LORD, for he has wondrously shown his steadfast love to me when I was in a besieged city.
* Psalm 32:10 - Many are the sorrows of the wicked, but steadfast love surrounds the one who trusts in the LORD.
* Psalm 33:5 - He loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of the steadfast love of the LORD.
* Psalm 33:18 - Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love.
* Psalm 33:22 - Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you.
* Psalm 36:5 - Your steadfast love, O LORD, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds.
* Psalm 36:7 - How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
* Psalm 36:10 - Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart!

May His steadfast love be your delight today!

2 comments:

Stine said...

Praise God for your encouragement and Godly insight! His steadfast love is all I have to lean and depend on as I struggle with all that this 'earthly' life throws my way.

I must take a moment and BOG for all that He is doing in and through you, my daughter. You are using your God-given gifts and talents to reach so many in the name of Jesus Christ.

I love and miss you all so much. Tell Kempton hello and kiss Christian and Carysse for me.

Be Blessed,
Mom

Kym Pratt said...

I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed your blogs. But this one...this one...this one was intended for me! I miss you friend. I love you!