Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Part 4: Feminist vs. Biblical Influence

How We Have Been Influenced - 10. "He makes me so mad. I'll show him what it's like." (She cries, pouts, becomes angry, manipulates to have her way)

How We Can Change - 10. "What he has done is wrong. My responsibility is to overcome evil with good and to biblically confront him in love with his sin." (Romans 12:17-21)

How We Have Been Influenced - 11. "I want to be the director of the Crisis Pregnancy Center. God is calling me to do that and my husband doesn't want me to. I must obey God rather than man!"

How We Can Change - 11. "If God wants me to be the director of the Crisis Pregnancy Center, He will open that door of opportunity and my husband will be all for it. It is more important that I be holy before the Lord by submitting graciously to my husband's authority than it is that I be director of the pregnancy center." (1 Peter 3:1-6)


How We Have Been Influenced - 12. "Can you believe that our pastor won't let my friend teach the couples Sunday School class. How ridiculous! She is the best teacher in the entire church!"

How We Can Change - 12. "According to the Bible, women are not to teach and exercise authority over the men. My pastor is right. I need to support his decision." (1 Tim. 2:12)


~Taken from a handout by Martha Peace at BBC Women's Conference 4-25-09

No comments: