Saturday, March 30, 2013

The ONE thing I like about snow...

You can make ice cream with it! :-)

We recently finished our goat & cow units.  So, what better way to culminate those units than by making ice cream!  What else would we do with a foot of snow 15 days before spring???

All you need is...

8 cups of fresh snow (Thanks sweetie!)

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk & 1 tsp vanilla extract

Add the condensed milk to the snow.

Add the vanilla.

Stir.

Serve with sprinkles...yummy!

We also did a Venn diagram of two very good non-fictional books that I highly recommend -

Goat Unit

Our muffin tin snack of foods made with milk:
pieces of bagel with cream cheese, crackers with butter, cut up cheese stick, chocolate chips, & yogurt raisins.

My little artist's cow that she randomly drew on a piece of scratch paper.  

Cow Unit

2 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

You're rockin' it teacher Mommy! And though I'm sure y'all are sick of the snow, I'm terribly jealous of the pic of kempton knee deep in snow-literally! ;)

Caryn said...

Hey girl, I sure wish I could box all this white stuff up & ship it to you in TX! :-)