Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Staying Sober On My 35th Birthday

Lord, help me to stay sober...
As I recall that I'm but dust,
only in You should I put my trust.

Lord, help me to stay sober...
Instead of being caught up in the latest fad,
let Your presence alone make me glad.

Lord, help me to stay sober...
When I become consumed with what I can be eating,
remind me that my life is fleeting.

Lord, help me to stay sober...
Let the idols of my heart be destroyed,
So that freedom in Christ will be enjoyed.

Lord, help me to stay sober...
Because this life is almost over.
Then You will come for me
And I'll live with You for eternity.


Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13

The end of all things is at hand; therefore be self-controlled and sober-minded for the sake of your prayers. 1 Peter 4:7

1 comment:

Stine said...

Happy 35th Birthday!!! You are such a joy and I am blessed that you are my daughter and my friend.I thank my God for every remembrance of you. (Phil 1:3)
Love Always,
Mom