Wednesday, October 28, 2009

This Little Piggy...

While the kids were taking a bath, Carysse continued to pour water on herself and Christian. As she did this, she would say, "Wash Christian back, wash Christian arm, wash Carysse leg, wash Carysse feet", and so forth. Then I heard her say, "Wash Carysse piggies." I looked up and said, "Piggies?" She looked at me with a look on her face like, "Don't you know what my piggies are!" I then asked, "Where are your piggies, Carysse?" Without any hesitation, she pointed to her toes. I then said, "Those are your piggies?" She confidently nodded her head.

As you can tell, I have sung one too many nursery rhymes to my kids. "This Little Piggy" was one of Carysse's favorites; now my 2 yr old thinks her toes are called piggies. Looks like we'll have a lesson on body parts tomorrow :-).

Carysse's 4 month old "piggies"

6 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

That is the cutest/sweetest thing I have ever heard! :)

Noel said...

Or it might be the 2-year-old version of a joke. I hope you laughed.

Stephanie Gilbert said...

Caryn, that's actually what most little kids call their toes. And, it does come from the nursery rhyme. Well, I don't think that's not proven or anything, but in my professional opinion...

Stephanie Gilbert said...

oh I wish I'd proofread better. "I don't think that's proven..." There should be no "not" in that sentence.

Unknown said...

I love piggie toes on baby feet! And she sure has some CUTE piggies! Adorable pic!

Stine said...

So very cute!