Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Great Paradox

"The Christian life is a great paradox. Those who die to self find self. Those who die to their cravings will receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life (Luke 18:29-30). If I crave happiness, I will beget misery. If I crave to be loved, I will feel rejection. If I crave control, I will feel every chaos. If I crave reputation, I will receive humiliation. But if I long for God and His wisdom, I will receive God and wisdom. Along the way, sooner or later, I will also receive happiness, love, order and glory. "Seek first His Kingdom and His Righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well" (Matt. 6:33).
~Quote from "How Shall We Cure Troubled Souls?" by David Powlison

1 comment:

jesse.dvorak said...

Hello Caryn,
thanks for posting on my blog, and thank you especially for praying for us. it's amazing to me that God was listening to many prayers of which i was so completely unaware.
please say 'hi' to your husband for me.
i'll keep checking your blog too.