Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where was God???

Where were you, on this day, seven years ago at 8:46AM, 9:02AM, 9:40AM, and 10:01AM??? These were the exact times in which 2 planes crashed into the World Trade Center, 1 into the Pentagon, and 1 in Pennsylvania. Each of us most likely remembers where we were on the horrific morning of September 11, 2001. Today, many radio stations and TV programs are recounting people’s stories of where they were on that morning. But I would like to ask the question, “Where was God?” I imagine if I had an interview with God today it would go something like this –

Caryn: Lord, what a day this nation experienced on 9-11-01! Were you sleep; oops I meant shocked by what those hijackers did?

God: No is the answer to BOTH of your questions, “I neither slumber nor sleep” – Psalm 121:4. “My eyes are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good” - Proverbs 15:3.

Caryn: So you knew what they were planning!?!? Why didn’t you stop them?

God: You live in a fallen world and through the sin of Adam all types of evil, loss, and calamity entered in the world. Check out Genesis 3. Those who hijacked the planes were “of their father the devil and their will was to do their father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning…” – John 8:44

But rest assured that man’s actions will NEVER hinder my plans. “My purpose will always stand” – Proverbs 19:21.

Caryn: What purpose could you have for allowing 4 planes to kill so many lives and devastate a whole nation?

God: “ALL things work together for good, for those who are called according to my purpose” – Romans 8:28. Beloved, nothing can separate my children from my love “neither death nor life” – Romans 8:38-39.

Caryn: ALL those terrible things that happened will work out for good and through it your love still prevails…I really don’t understand.

God: Well, “my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” – Isaiah 55:8-9.

Daughter, I want all my children to know that there are many circumstances in this life that will be very difficult. At those times, you may question my character and my concern for you. But know that I am working my good pleasure in you – Philippians 2:13. My desire is for all my children to look more like my son, Jesus Christ. So, trust me and remember that “I will never leave you nor forsake you” – Hebrews 13:5.

I look forward to my return and I hope you do too!

No comments: