Friday, July 18, 2008

“What about him?” attitude - Pitfall #2

Scroll below for the introduction of this blog series.


Pitfall #2: We are not focusing on what God called us to do.
God has given each believer spiritual gifts (I Peter 4:10). These gifts are used for the common good of the body of Christ and to care for one another (I Cor. 12:7, 25). If we are concerned with what other’s have and are doing, we miss out on allowing God to use us mightily through the gifts that He’s given us. No one (or gift) is greater than another, we NEED each other. If there is any jealousy or covetousness in your heart, you need to confess it, repent of it, and ask God to help you live victoriously in the gifting that He graced upon you.
(I’m currently in a Bible study on spiritual gifts; so if you like to know of some resources let me know.)

1 comment:

Mez said...

Reminds me of Galatians 6!