to die - verb
1. to cease to live; undergo the complete and permanent cessation of all vital functions; become dead.
2. to cease to exist.
3. to lose force, strength, or active qualities.
4. to cease to function; stop
die. Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1). Random House, Inc. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/die (accessed: January 26, 2009).
So, are you dead or alive? I know you're thinking..."Duh, of course I'm alive!" However, as a believer, you are actually suppose to be dead! Here are a few of your "death sentences" -
* Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. Rom 6:8
* I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. Gal. 2:20
* For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. Col. 3:3
Basically you are dead to sin & alive to Christ (Rom 6:11)! Christ died to sin and if Christ lives in you, sin has no dominion over you (Rom. 6:1-14). You no longer live for yourself, but for Jesus (2 Cor 5:15). You have the Almighty, Creator of the Universe, Living God inside of you giving you the power to overcome sin. You are no longer a slave to sin, but a slave to righteousness (Rom 6:15-23). WOW...WHAT AWESOME TRUTH!
So, I ask you again...
When was your death day...the day that you stopped living and Christ became your life???