Friday, January 16, 2009

God Uses Our Children

Last Wednesday, the daily bible reading plan that I'm following said to read Matt. 6:1-24. I finished reading and thought,
"Yep, that's right, lay up treasures in heaven not on earth." Then I walked away just happy & carefree. About twenty minutes later, I heard a loud crash! I ran to see what was going on. Christian had gotten a hold of one of my favorite picture frames and dropped it.
I thought, "Oh NO, that had sentimental value; I got it on one of our romantic get-aways B.C. (Before Children)." Then I immediately had to laugh and smile at Christian & say, "God is using you buddy. My treasures are definintely in heaven!"
Our material possessions are our treasures on earth. Our treasures in heaven are built by our Christ-like responses, reactions, words, & deeds (Matt. 5:11-12; 6:1-18; 10:40-42).

So, that day I had to add my little piece to Matt 6:20 -

"Lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal"...and where children don't pick up and break! :-)
~
May Christ be our ultimate treasure!

2 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

Wow! Your blog continues to be a ministry to those of us with young children! My "stuff" is constantly, uh altered, in some way by my children! I tend to think "geez, we don't have a lot, can't we just keep what little we have from being ruined?" What I tend to forget is that He gave it all for my sake. I will look for more such lessons in my times with my chilren! thank you thank you!

Crazy mom said...

Don't you love it when God pounds home His truth with a little practical, life lesson :) You know, just in case the written Word wasn't enough, let me give you an example.