Wednesday, December 10, 2008

From Sunny TX to Snowy MN

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the Weather channel site to check out the Houston forecast and they had "light snow" tonight. I probably have enough snow in front of my house to cover most of Houston! Not to worry Houston friends, it'll all be gone tomorrow with your high of 59 sunny day! Ahhhh!

Now, let's take a look at the forecast for Minneapolis. Snow tonight, snow tomorrow with a high of 22 and low of 5. Brrrr!

I definitely wouldn't say I like snow. However, a couple of weeks ago, I was in a meeting and someone asked, who doesn't like snow. Several of us raised our hands. Then she said, from now on whenever you see snow meditate on this, "though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18). Wow, what awesome truth! When I want to complain about the snow, I remind myself of Christ's sacrifice for me and thank Him for a visual that reminds me of His ultimate act of love. Us Minnesotans get about 6 months to ponder on this truth :-).

The God who is sovereign over the snow deserves our praise (Psalm 148:7-8).

3 comments:

Lady Brainsample said...

I didn't want it to be gone...It was awesome while it lasted.

Tricia Keierleber said...

true true!!

Funny thing is... Tuesday it was a muggy 80 degrees... yesterday it snowed! Only in Houston, right? :)

Crazy mom said...

I've lived her, more-or-less, my whole life and I still can't stand the months and months of snow :) i like it up until Christmas, than it can all leave as far as I'm concerned :)

Barb