Monday, March 10, 2008

When There’s A Pause

My babies are sick :-(. I think they caught the flu bug that’s going around. I have to admit that I can be really selfish when my kids get sick. Many times, I would immediately think, “Oh no, now I won’t be able to go …, or do…, or have…” It was all about how their sickness was going to put my life on pause for a week or two. Praise God that He’s changing my heart. This time I’ve been considering it a joy to be able to serve my children through the grace that I’ve been given. This “pause” in my routine is from the Lord and I must use it for His glory. In the book that I’m currently reading, Praise Her in the Gates by Nancy Wilson, there’s a chapter all about, “When the Kids are Sick”. She says, “When children are ill, it is a wonderful opportunity for teaching. You can model patience and cheerfulness to them when you get up in the night to comfort and minister to them. Sickness is a good time to teach them about compassion and mercy, as well as about the frailty of life. Use all these times for spiritual profit” (34). So, my prayer for myself and all moms that have to care for sick children short or long-term, is that we would look to God for the grace needed and cherish these times to minister to our children as the Lord ministers to us.

Use the “pause” for His Glory!
“…whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” I Corinthians 10:31

1 comment:

Hiswifey said...

I love your blogs. This one is my favorite for now. Keep up the great work. You are truly a blessing. Thanks so much for keeping in touch