Friday, March 21, 2008

Not Guilty!

I just woke up from a crazy dream. It was so weird. A few people that I have admired throughout my life were making a joint effort in falsely accusing me of something. They were diligently trying to find something to promote their case. I couldn't believe their ridiculous efforts, but others were starting to get involved because my accusers were so adamant about it. It looked so hopeless for me. Right before they were to take me to be officially prosecuted, I woke up...Thank God!
As soon as I woke up, I thought about how guilty I used to be before the Holy God. My thoughts and my actions were dominated by sin because I had a sin nature (Romans 3:23). These sins were filthy & disgusting and everything God accused me of was true. Because He is a Righteous God, He had to punish me. I deserved His punishment, His wrath, and eternity in Hell (Romans 6:23).
BUT GOD! He knew I was in a hopeless state, so He sent His son, Jesus, to pay the price for all my sins and your sins. He died in our place on the cross. He did this because He loved us (Romans 5:8). So, by God's gift of grace, we are justified through the redemption that is Christ Jesus... (Romans 3:24). We cannot earn this gift, all we must do is accept it (Romans 10:9-10).
Are you ready for more good news??? He didn't stay in the grave! He rose and He lives in each believers' heart, and He will one day come back for us.
Halleluiah! There is no better news on this Good Friday! Just because you may have celebrated many Easters in the past, don't let these truths go by nonchalantly or let the things of this world distract you or your children. The bunny, the eggs, the candy, the baskets, the fancy outfits, the family gatherings, the feast can never top Jesus. So, don't let them! May Jesus be our focus and delight this whole weekend.

Have a Good Friday & Eternal-focused Easter!

And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.
Romans 8:30

No comments: