Saturday, March 30, 2013

The ONE thing I like about snow...

You can make ice cream with it! :-)

We recently finished our goat & cow units.  So, what better way to culminate those units than by making ice cream!  What else would we do with a foot of snow 15 days before spring???

All you need is...

8 cups of fresh snow (Thanks sweetie!)

1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk & 1 tsp vanilla extract

Add the condensed milk to the snow.

Add the vanilla.

Stir.

Serve with sprinkles...yummy!

We also did a Venn diagram of two very good non-fictional books that I highly recommend -

Goat Unit

Our muffin tin snack of foods made with milk:
pieces of bagel with cream cheese, crackers with butter, cut up cheese stick, chocolate chips, & yogurt raisins.

My little artist's cow that she randomly drew on a piece of scratch paper.  

Cow Unit

2 comments:

The Keierleber Family said...

You're rockin' it teacher Mommy! And though I'm sure y'all are sick of the snow, I'm terribly jealous of the pic of kempton knee deep in snow-literally! ;)

Caryn said...

Hey girl, I sure wish I could box all this white stuff up & ship it to you in TX! :-)