Saturday, March 3, 2012

Celebrate the Progress

My friend Julie at Not Just An Ordinary Life recently wrote a blog post that I just had to share.  Here is an excerpt -

I will hold their hand...and wipe their tears...
I will fight to get them the services they need...
and keep them safe when they rage...
I will walk past the holes in the walls and the broken things and give thanks that I have been given this life...not an easy one, but one worth living...
I will throw out all my "expectations" for my children and see them as God sees them...
I will teach them as we go through out each day..even if I want to just get things done...
I will say I am sorry when I am the one who has the bad attitude..
and I will celebrate with them the successes even when I sometimes wish the accomplishments were bigger and better. 

Progress. Around every corner, I can find it if I only look past all the defeat..the struggles...
...and I will celebrate the progress.


Thank you Julie!  This brought much encouragement to my soul today.  

No comments: