Monday, August 18, 2014

Guest Writer: My Mom

As soon as I read my mom's endearing comment to this post, I just had to repost it.

The 41 year “date”
On June 2, 1973 my husband, Curtis Gilbert, Sr., took my hand and asked me out on a “date”. During that “date” we planned our future, traveled, worked, loved, laughed, danced, cried, argued, honored, shopped, encouraged, complained, disagreed, prayed, worshiped, served, celebrated, shared, dined, gave, entertained, promised, respected, nurtured, courted, and had two beautiful babies. Most importantly, we learned the significance of having Jesus at the center of our lives.


On July 15, 2014, after 41 years of marriage, he brought me home from that “date”. He told me good night in the most caring and loving way possible as he entered the presence of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I miss him deeply, but know that I will see him again.


1 comment:

Blessed said...

That was such a beautiful post! I'm so glad you shared it with photos. : )

A reader from CA, Blessed