Here’s how you can pray for this gathering –
1. The “Behind-the-scenes” support team - Ask the Father to fill them with the Holy Spirit (Eph. 5.18) that those who will be using their gifts at the Pure Pleasure gathering would serve in the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. (I Pet. 4.11)
2. The Worship Team (led by Ryan Thom) - Ask the Father to fill them with the Holy Spirit, so that they would be addressing their brothers in psalms, hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with their hearts! (Eph. 5.18-19)
3. Men who are enslaved to sexual sin - Ask the Lord Jesus to come in mighty Truth and gospel power to set these men free from their bondage to all forms of sexual sin. And if any are spiritually dead, to cause them to be born again to a new and living hope (I Pet. 1.3)! Praise Jesus that everyone that He sets free is really, truly, lastingly free indeed (Jn. 8.31-36)! May our God satisfy them every morning and every moment—with Himself! (Jn. 6.35)
4. Men who have been set free from sexual sin - Lord Jesus, we praise you that you have set these men free from their bondage to sexual sin! Please keep them from using their freedom as an opportunity for the flesh. Cause them to go from one degree of glory to another in their freedom, satisfaction and conformity to your image (2 Cor. 3.17-18). Through your Spirit, equip them to comfort their brothers with the same comfort that they have received from you (2 Cor. 1.3-4).
5. Pastor Jason (who will do the opening Welcome/ Announcements/ Prayer) - Ask the Father to fill Jason with the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, so that his prayers would be “in the Spirit” (Jude 20). And that his words would be “good for building up, as fits the occasion, that they may give grace to those who hear.” (Eph. 4.29)
6. Pastor Kempton (who will lead 2 one-hour sessions) - Ask the Father to fill Kempton with the Holy Spirit in Jesus name, so that when he speaks, he would be speaking the very oracles of God—as he serves in the strength that God supplies—so that God would be glorified through Jesus Christ! (I Pet. 4.11).
Ask our Father to cause Kempton to know nothing among the men at Pure Pleasure except Jesus Christ and Him crucified. And in Kempton’s utter weakness, ask the Lord to cause his speech and message not to be in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and power, that the faith of the hearers might not rest in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God! (I Cor. 2.1-5)
7. Joe Rigney (who will lead a 4-wk follow-up study) – Same prayer aim as Kempton’s.