Thursday, May 16, 2013

More than a Preacher & Wife...

Also, dearly loved friends!  

I mentioned in a previous post about how much I love my small group.  Sadly, a couple of Sundays ago, we had our final small group with The Pipers before they leave.  We will miss them immensely!  Over these past 4+ yrs, we've shared lots of meals together, laughs together, prayers together, & tears together.  
We've spent countless Sunday evenings around their dining table.  Noel has lavished her kind, warm, hospitable service towards us every time. We can't get enough of her homemade spaghetti dinner!  Pastor John is just another one of the guys around the table...sharing hilarious videos, laughing, & telling funny childhood stories.  
We've spent a Thanksgiving & a Christmas with them.  That meant a lot to us especially with us not having family in town.  Speaking of holidays, Noel's book, Treasuring God in our Traditions, is a must read.  Here's a post about the book.     
Their daughter, sweet Talitha, has watched my kids on several occasions including at the Joni & Friends Family Retreats where she's served as a Short Term Missionary (S.T.M.).

John & Noel, I thank our Lord for all the rich blessings that we have received from you.  Your life, your words, your passion for Christ and The Word has greatly impacted me.  May Christ continue to be gloried in you and through you.  I Love You!  

Here's a photo recap of our sweet evening together

K. is going to sorely miss seeing his spiritual mentor on a regular basis.  

The guys

We had a Cinco de Mayo theme!

Let the Hymn Charades begin!


Pastor John acting out "Jesus Loves the Little Children".
Sorry it's sideways for a few seconds.  

 I was on the Pipers team & we won!
Those two definitely know hymns!  

Our sweet small group

1 comment:

Tricia Keierleber said...

I was sad to hear they were retiring. A much deserved retirement, but sad to see them go. :) how blessed y'all were to serve with them, and I know they were equally blessed by y'all, (this I know from experience). :)