Wednesday, November 14, 2012

October School Highlights

We had so much fun doing the Sun & Moon units.  My big girl asked some great questions (e.g."If the moon only reflects the light of the sun, does it make shadows of things?") & we took the time to search for the answers together.  One of the joys of home educating...an up close, personal, & first hand account of your child's learning experiences.
Another great thing about home educating; I'm not "stuck" with doing only what's in a given curriculum.  As you'll see from the pictures, I get my ideas from all over!  I find most of the activities on pinterest to accompany what we're doing in the MFW Curriculum.
It was so interesting studying the moon phases. One night on the way home, Carysse exclaimed, "It's not a waxing gibbous tonight, it's a whole moon!" Our God is so brilliant to create such wonders...the big white satellite in the sky & the human brain!  Gotta love His creation!



My Little Sunshine

 Kalia doing her sun/moon craft.  For her "toddler school", I try to modify whatever I'm doing for big sister.
 Dot paints - a toddler's treasure!

Carysse using her Moon Phase Viewer to observe the moon for her recording sheet.
Btw, this is a waxing gibbous moon even though it looks like a Lima bean. :-)
 

Working hard on her textured moon craft.

My Sweet Moon-viewer 

While enjoying the nice fall weather, we found what we call the "Candy Corn Rock". Isn't that cool!

No comments: