Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God’s Hand Is Not Shortened!

What an encouraging truth! It is mentioned 3 times in the Bible –

* And the LORD said to Moses, "Is the LORD’s hand shortened? Now you shall see whether my word will come true for you or not." Numbers 11:23

* Why, when I came, was there no man; why, when I called, was there no one to answer? Is my hand shortened, that it cannot redeem? Or have I no power to deliver? Isaiah 50:2

* Behold, the LORD’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save, or his ear dull, that it cannot hear. Isaiah 59:1

This is basically saying, “The Lord’s power is unlimited!” Nothing can hinder His power! It is so encouraging because no matter how big our trials are, God is BIGGER! Like the song that the kids sing, “My God is so big, so strong, and so mighty. There’s NOTHING my God cannot do!” In what areas of your life are you acting like God’s hands are too short to reach? Let God’s truth overtake those areas today and trust His limitless power.

Click here to hear one of my favorite songs on this subject.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Hmmm. We both had different aspects of God's hand in mind in our latest posts. Interesting. My husband's only post (under label "God's arm"), of course is about God's arm!
PS I like the song!