Saturday, August 2, 2008

“What about him?” attitude - Pitfall #6

Click here for the introduction of this blog series.


Pitfall #6: We are not keeping our minds on the Lord.
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you” (Isaiah 26:3). Being concerned about what others go through and comparing your situation to theirs, takes our minds off Jesus. No wonder we don’t have peace! But what does it mean to have our mind stayed on Christ? It means our minds are stayed on: God’s character, God’s commands, and God’s covenants (promises). For example, if I’m anxious about something, my mind must stay on: 1) GOD’S CHARACTER – He is the Lord of peace (2 Thess. 3:16) and He is faithful (2 Tim. 2:13). 2) GOD’S COMMAND - His Word tells me to “Trust in the Lord with all my heart…” (Prov. 3:5a) and “Do not be anxious about anything but pray about everything” (Phil. 4:6a). 3) GOD’S COVENANT – He said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you” (Hebrews 13:5). A mind stayed on Jesus is the answer to PERFECT peace.

No comments: