Tuesday, June 17, 2008

OUR 9TH ANNIVERSARY!!!


Sorry I haven't blogged in so long. We just got back from celebrating our 9th Anniversary at the RiverWalk in San Antonio, TX. What a joyous celebration! Kempton was already in TX speaking at a Retreat and then I flew down to join him. My parents stayed with the kids...Praise Jesus for selfless & serving grandparents! We stayed in the Omni La Mansion del Rio Hotel. If you ever stay on the RiverWalk, stay there! It's beautiful and the service is top notch.

When I walked into our room, I was surprised by the dozen of long stem roses that my hubby had the hotel put in the room before our arrival. I thank God for a romantic husband.

We didn't have plans to do anything in particular. We just enjoyed spending much needed alone time together. This is a MUST for all you married couples out there. Plan at least one get away with your spouse each year. IT'S SO WORTH IT!!!

5 comments:

Tricia Keierleber said...

Congrats guys! I was so blessed to hear Kempton speak, as always. I was also so bummed that I didn't get to see you at Kristin's! Paul was sick, so my time slipped away... before I knew it, it was after 5! :(

Steph said...

I completely agree about the yearly getaway! Glad you guys could get some quality time!

Happy Anniversary!

Sheridan said...

hooray for you too! Chris and I went to San Antonio for our anniversary last year.

Jenny B said...

Happy anniversary Kempton and Caryn! Watching you two interact together at your home that one visit was such a blessing to me because I saw how much fun you have together, what close friends you are, and how you can laugh together. What a God thing! I love that you two are together, loving God, and then extending that love to each other, and to your children.
Love to you all-

Mez said...

karyn! i think my parents always go to the omni and i think they always to go san antonio! happy belated, by the way!